NC State wins $6.7 million grant to curb devastating fruit pest
North Carolina State University has won a $6.7 million grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to undertake research and grower education efforts aimed at better managing a major new pest that causes hundreds of millions of dollars in annual agricultural losses.
Passion for improving lives
Lorelei Jones has loved everything about NC State since she was a young girl growing up in eastern North Carolina’s Lenoir County. Her early experiences boosted Jones’ confidence while feeding her passion for service to others — and even helped direct her to her current career at NC State. Read more from NC State University Giving.
New era for CALS international activities
With over 150 faculty members involved in numerous projects spread on six continents, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences has not only an impressive international presence, but a worldwide impact. Now, thanks to a new website, finding out more about the CALS’ international activities is easier than ever.
- Can we resolve our NC tax issues (WRAL TechWire)
- Top 50 associate degrees: Agriculture, agricultural operations and related sciences (Community College Week)
- Tough day? How about a frosty mug of pizza or pond scum? (Wall Street Journal)
- Wait-and-see (Roanoke-Chowan News Herald)
- We stand on the shoulders of giants (NC State College of Natural Resources Website)
Podcast: Economic Perspective
Given the rise of technology, will we need humans to perform work in the future? NC State University economist Mike Walden answers.