Food Science team places in top three at national competition
A team of graduate students from the NC State Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences has been selected as one of the top three teams in the National Dairy Council New Product Competition for their product, "Shake and Go Kefir."
Beef tour attracts large crowd to Franklin County
More than 110 people came out to a Cooperative Extension beef tour that’s become a summer tradition in the North Carolina’s Piedmont. The Five-County Beef Tour took visitors to farms representing the diversified nature of North Carolina cattle operations.
- Backyard wildlife: Bee expert talks about pesticide (News & Observer)
- Can we wean our future food off of antibiotics? (Huffington Post)
- Forecast: NC economic growth poised to accelerate over remainder of 2015 (News & Observer)
- NCSU researchers monitor bee health (WRAL-TV)
- Watermelon may hold secrets for a healthy future (Charlotte Observer)
Podcast: Economic Perspective
One of the biggest issues in the economy in recent years has been the relatively slow improvement in jobs. NC State University economist Mike Walden offers some of the reasons for this.