“Almanac Gardener” stays evergreen
For “Almanac Gardener,” the questions keep coming: How do I get rid of moles and voles? Which grasses are the best for lawns around here? How can I avoid blossom end rot on my tomatoes? … Over the 32 years that UNC-TV and Cooperative Extension at NC State University have worked together to produce the 30-minute how-to horticulture show, viewers have posed literally thousands of questions.
- Beating back those backyard pests (Miami Herald)
- Foreign market woes driving N.C. economic trend 'downward' (WRAL TechWire)
- Honey bee die-off could deeply affect food supply (WNCN-TV)
- Nutritious watermelon not just a summer dessert (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- The next big thing for beer could be bugs, NC State scientists say (News & Observer)
Podcast: Economic Perspective
One of the biggest issues in the economy in recent years has been the relatively slow improvement in jobs. NC State University economist Mike Walden offers some of the reasons for this.