Dean honors Awards of Excellence winners
Five College of Agriculture and Life Sciences staff members were honored recently with 2012 Awards of Excellence, which honors outstanding individual achievements and contributions to the CALS mission. The winners were honored during an awards luncheon in Raleigh May 18.
CALS Dean Dr. Johnny C. Wynne presided over the ceremony and presented the awards to:
- W. Carl Hollifield, Dairy And Process Applications Laboratory business manager in the Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences (on-campus supervisory/administrative category);
- Tara Vogelien, director for business and research administration with N.C. State University’s Plants for Human Health Institute (Exempt from the Personnel Act category);
- Jennifer Keller, agricultural research technician in the Department of Entomology (on-campus technical category);
- Claudia Mello, administrative assistant in the Dean’s Office (on-campus secretarial/clerical category);
- and Terri Kilpatrick, office assistant at the Mountain Horticultural Crops Research and Extension Center (off-campus secretarial/clerical category).
These college winners are selected for consideration for the university-level award, which will be announced in June.
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is one of the largest colleges at N.C. State, with close to 6,000 students. The college is also home to the N.C. Agricultural Research Service and the N.C. Cooperative Extension Service.Category: Media Releases