Lesson #5-- Growth and Development
- Identify the parts of an unfertilized insect egg and give the function of each part.
- List and describe the major events in insect development from fertilization to the formation of a germ band.
- Explain how the germ band differentiates into three germ layers. List the parts of the embryo that develop from each germ layer.
- Describe the process of molting and explain how it relates to the growth of an insect.
- Compare and contrast ametabolous, hemimetabolous, and holometabolous development. Give examples of insects with each type of metamorphosis.
- Name and describe five different types of larvae and three different types of pupae.