Extension Specialist, Integrated Pest Management Coordinator
Insect Pest Management
2312 Gardner Hall
Box 7613, NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695-7613
B.S. North Carolina State University (1978)
M.S. Louisiana Tech University (1980)
ENT 121 - Pesticides and Their Utilization
Development and distribution of educational materials and programs relating to integrated pest management (IPM) and pesticide regulation, use and safety. Responsibilities include:
- Integrated Pest Management Coordinator for the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
- Associate Director (Regulatory Issues) for the Southern Region Integrated Pest Management Center
- Project Leader for the North Carolina Pest Management Information Program.
- Coordinator of the Pesticides, Alternatives and Food Quality Protection Act Program for the National Science Foundation Center for Integrated Pest Management.
- Editor of the North Carolina Pest News, a weekly newsletter (April to September) containing timely information on the status of insect and disease pests on agricultural crops, ornamental crops and in urban areas in North Carolina, and co-editor of the Pesticide Broadcast, a newsletter containing current information on pesticide use, registration and safety.
- Educational program leader (North Carolina Pesticide Safety Education Program) for the training of commercial pesticide applicators seeking certification/licensing in the Agricultural Pest Control - Plant category in North Carolina.