CALS prof to speak at museum’s Darwin Day
What’s Charles Darwin got to do with the Irish potato famine? Find out Saturday, Feb. 13, when Dr. Jean Ristaino of NC State's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences takes the stage during the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences’ Darwin Day, the largest event of its kind in the country.
- Disaster waiting to happen in North Carolina wheat (Southeast Farm Press)
- Multimillion dollar ag projects key parts of NC bond package (Southeast Farm Press)
- NCSU entomologist: Zika outbreak unlikely in NC (News & Observer)
- Rescue robots should be built just like cockroaches. Sorry. (Wired)
- Saving North Carolina's wild ginseng from poachers (Charlotte Observer)
Podcast: Economic Perspective
We now have final statistics for Christmas buying. Did retailers get the sales they wanted, or were they disappointed? NC State University economist Mike Walden answers.