Agroecology Farm on a roll
The NC State Agroecology Education Farm and its founder, Professor Michelle Schroeder-Moreno, win three awards in two weeks thanks to hands-on lessons in sustainable agriculture for students and community members. The farm grows food for campus dining halls, with students aiding every step of the process.
- A serious stomach bug: Norovirus costs billions of dollars of lost productivity
- Bear watching trip, spa day highlight Garden Gala auction (WRAL-TV)
- Engineers working on a better blueberry picker (Penn State News)
- Jobless rate drops in state, area (Rocky Mount Telegram)
- NC State wants to open $160 million plant science complex by 2020 (Southeast Farm Press)
Podcast: Economic Perspective
Many social changes in the United States in recent decades have economic implications. Multi-generational housing is an example. NC State University economist Mike Walden explains.